The F–6/7 Australian Curriculum for Humanities and Social Sciences aims to ensure that students develop:
- A sense of wonder, curiosity and respect about places, people, cultures and systems throughout the world, past and present, and an interest in and enjoyment of the study of these phenomena
- Key historical, geographical, civic and economic knowledge of people, places, values and systems, past and present, in local to global contexts
- An understanding and appreciation of historical developments, geographic phenomena, civic values and economic factors that shape society, influence sustainability and create a sense of belonging
- The capacity to use inquiry methods and skills, including questioning, researching using reliable sources, analysing, evaluating and communicating
- Dispositions required for effective participation in everyday life, now and in the future, including critical and creative problem-solving, informed decision making, responsible and active citizenship, enterprising financial behaviour and ethical reflection.